Wednesday, March 10, 2010

A letterpress wedding in Adelaide

Jenny was a very creative bride and enjoyed the design process so very much, this makes designing invitations so much easier for me. To respect their culture and their families, we wanted to give them a subtle touch of Asia to their invitation, I really think we achieved this with the dotting of the delicate floral feature at the top of the invitation. This piece is very unique and very much one of my favourites. For this invitation we used a silver for the text and a deep mauve for the floral decoration, this was to match the bridesmaids dresses. The envelopes were lined with this gorgeous lace paper, this is a Japanese paper and so soft to touch.

We started this invitation with the intention of using an envelope made from tracing paper, so almost completely translucent, but we changed our minds at the last minute - so I'm on the hunt now for another daring bride to try this very unique approach - is that you!

All the very best for your wedding day Jenny, I really enjoyed working with you on this invitation and I wish you both all the very best for your future together.

No comments: